2012 has been a very big year for us. Probably one of the best we have had in a while, and definitely the most eventful when it comes to big events. It was this time last year that we decided we weren’t happy where we were living and decided to move back to the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I wanted to make a little timeline of some activities from this year. (The important stuff is in pink!)
- This month was pretty uneventful as we started looking for jobs and telling our family of our plans to move.
- We attended the Neiman Marcus Mardi Gras party and had a great time with my coworkers.
- Celebrated Billy’s birthday.
- Celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary with a wonderful day carefully planned out by my sweet husband.
- Sold my first car I paid for myself to my old boss. So long, mustang!
- Family zoo trip!
- Billy accepted a job offer and we started the moving process again.
- I quit my job at NM and we quickly moved into an apartment in DFW. Those were the fastest, most stressful two weeks of our lives.
- Billy started work at his new company.
- I enjoyed the unemployed life for a little while so I could unpack our apartment.
- Family Easter egg hunt.
- Celebrated my27th birthday.
- Denton Jazz Fest!
- Started job hunting again.
- Restaurant grand openings, graduation party, wedding, and fun with friends!
- Accepted a job offer and started work in late May!
- Enjoying being near friends, shopping, and loving life!
- Pool parties and cookouts!
- 4th of July firework shows.
- Family reunion in East Texas.
- Balloon festival!
- Billy started playing flag football.
- College football! That is all.
- More college football games.
- Saw my first Cirque du Soleil show with a friend.
- Billy had his wisdom teeth removed.
- Found out we were PREGNANT! (Oct. 25th)
- Saw our bebe for the first time!
- Day of the Dead festival with friends.
- Homecoming football game at UNT
- Started house hunting!
- Celebrated my nephew’s 1st birthday!
- Went home for Thanksgiving.
- Said goodbye to Billy’s grandma.
- Heard the bebe’s heartbeat for the first time!
- Went into contract on our first house! It’s almost done being built and will be ready in January!
- Went to New Orleans for my sister-in-law’s graduation!
- Saw our little jumping bebe again! So exciting!
- Celebrated the holidays with family in East Texas.
- Enjoyed our last Christmas just the two of us at home alone. So peaceful, and it snowed!
This is just a basic list, and it’s definitely not everything, but these are the highlights. With changing careers, moving, getting pregnant, and buying a house, it’s definitely been an year of BIG events! 2012 has gone by so quickly, and I know 2013 won’t be any different. We should close on our house in January and we’ll be rolling through 2013 with excitement of our little one on the way!
2012 has been good to us and we are so blessed with everything we have. I can’t wait to see what 2013 has to offer!
CHEERS! (I’ll be toasting to the new year with a nice cold glass of OJ!)